CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We're Home!

Time flies when you're having fun, for sure. Fin and I were all over the southeast this past week. Here's the route... Charlotte to Columbus, Columbus to Auburn, Auburn to Birmingham, Birmingham to Montgomery, Montgomery to Auburn, Auburn to Montgomery, Montgomery to Columbus and Columbus to Charlotte. Yes, that would be over 1,000 miles with an 11-month-old. My sweet child whined MAYBE 10 minutes of it. How lucky am I??? I arm myself with a passenger seat FULL of toys and when she gets tired of one, I pass her another. We sing too...
Here's a few pics from our trip...

If we walked her up the stairs once, we did it 100 times!


Livi played dress up in my 7th grade Homecoming Dress. Wow, that bow was big...

Jeanna's showers in Birmingham were great! I needed the time to myself for sure. I tried REALLY hard not to be "that person" that won't stop talking about her kids. The best part of my time in B'ham was Saturday morning. I stayed with my friend Meg (who is an EXCELLENT host). We woke up on Saturday morning and watched two episodes of Intervention (my favorite show) in our pajamas and then went to get Chinese (yes, still in our pajamas). I felt like I was in college again and realized how much I missed Auburn and my college friends. I'll never find anyone else like them. They are wonderful. Friends that treat you more like a sister than a friend. Friends that would bake cookies and call you to come eat them. Friends that just came over without calling. I would love to be in Birmingham to be close to them.



I was so happy that Fin got to spend a lot of time with my mom and Torie. I feel like I'm raising her all by myself up here in Charlotte and want to make sure she knows she has them.

I wanted to come back home yesterday, but my dad insisted that I get two new tires for my car. After they put the tires on, they discovered I needed brakes too. Naturally. So, thankfully, Fin is back in Daddy's arms today. Marcel shaved off his goatee while we were gone and I was worried Fin wouldn't recognize him. Good grief, did she know him. She literally sqeezed the breath out of him.

While we were gone, too, Fin learned to say "Uh-Oh" with Uncle Breet. She is also pulling up much faster (you can't take your eyes off her now). Her two top teeth are really growing in now too. Seriously, I love my kid.

1 comments:

meg said...

so glad that we ate chinese and played in our yuck clothes and that was satisfying! You come back anytime--cause you are easy to please :)