CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Things I don't want to forget...

Marcel and I were talking about the neat (and strange) things that Fin has done and still does. I hope that I never forget them, so I am going to write them down here...

1. Fin dances to EVERYTHING. She will tap her head to commercials that are on TV. She even does a little dance when she gets close to the laundry room and can hear the washing machine or dryer going. It makes me laugh EVERY time too. It never gets old.

2. Fin stays in the bathtub FOREVER, every night. She loves being in the tub. She has a million bath toys and plays with every one of them before she HAS to get out (which she doesn't do pleasantly even if you have let her stay in for an hour).

3. Fin loves "tubes" of everything. She chews on the tops of her diaper cream, her toothpaste (and ours) and her lotions. This probably isn't a good thing, but she seeks them out!

4. Fin also loves to chew on her Tylenol bottles (the tops are soft). This probably isn't a good thing either. Now, though, she asks me to give her some. She enjoys the taste of the medicine also. I don't give her any and try to divert her attention, but she does ask me...

5. Fin LOVES Keebler's "Sweet Peas." Seriously, she loves them. Eats them one by one. Its funny because Marcel DETESTS them. He doesn't even like the site of them...

6. I have never seen a child consume a hot dog as fast as Fin does. She inhales them. They are her all time favorite food. Thank goodness for them too, because they are high in fat and my lactose, egg and peanut intolerant kid needs all the fat she can get...

7. Fin poops EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. When I used to change my niece and nephews diapers, I gagged EVERY time. Well, when we first brought Fin home, she didn't poop for the first 3 days. I really do think that this was God's way of making me THANKFUL for Fin pooping (and not gagging). Since then, she has pooped every day. Really...every single day...

8. Fin would rather be outside than at Cinderella's Palace (probably - that's just the neatest INDOOR place I could think of really quick). She LOVES being outside and RUNNING!!!

9. Lately, Fin can't wear enough jewelry at one time (or mittens for that matter).

10. Fin has always HATED having her diaper changed. Not because is hurt, but because it was terribly boring for her.

11. Fin was born with a little red birthmark on her shoulder. Every time there was a nursing rotation change in the nursery, the "new" nurse would point it out to me. It is now completely gone.

12. Fin "used" to say uh-oh and no-no, but she stopped. Now all she says is "Mama" and "Dada."

13. Fin has been scared of her Papa since she was about 6 months old. Breaks my heart...

14. Since Fin never enjoyed "tummy time" (in fact, she loathed it), she "scooted" instead of crawled. It was pretty funny to watch and boy did she get fast at it!

15. If there is a button close to Fin, she'll push it (especially the car alarm button on my keychain)!

16. Daddy lets Fin help drive and she LOVES it!

17. Fin sleeps with her blanket on her head.

18. Fin started sleeping all night when she was 1-year-old. The pediatrician said as nicely as she could that it was ME and not Fin. Oops....

19. Fin is a Baby Wise baby. I'm not always sure if Fin was such a pleasant baby because I had her on this schedule or if she was just born that way, but I think Baby Wise is the best thing EVER!

20. Fin still drinks at least 2 bottles every day. She is still my baby!!!

1 comments:

The Skippers said...

This is so sweet. I love reading about the cute things she does!