I randomly decided today that I wanted to start a blog. Lots of my friends are doing them and it's a great way to stay caught up with everyone.
That said, I wanted to catch everyone up on the past year of our lives. Slowly....
On January 4th, 2007, we found out we were pregnant. We were THRILLED! I posted pictures of me holding a pregnancy test on Shutterfly and called my mom and told her she had to check the pictures now! She screamed when she saw them. My dad said "What the hell is that?" Needless to say, they were excited too! Here's the pic....
We decided we didn't want to know the sex of the baby. It was REALLY hard, but so much fun. I would recommend it to everybody. Since my husband is French Canadian, the whole family called the baby "Pierre." Torie, my twin sister, knew the sex because our ultrasound tech wrote it down and mailed it to her. I wanted to make sure that if I had a boy, he wouldn't be wearing a dress home from the hospital. To everyone's suprise, Torie keeps a secret VERY well. Not even one hint came out of her mouth the entire 6+ months she knew and I talk to her nearly every day! We painted the baby's room a beautiful shade of green. Mimi (my mom) made all the gorgeous bedding, gave me my great grandmother's beautiful crystal lamp and set up the beautiful Rabren (my sister's) crib and changing table. Each of my sister's children used them and I can't think of a bigger honor to be able to lay each of my children on them also. It's the most beautiful nursery I have ever seen. A friend of mine said I should enter it into a magazine (which one, I don't know). It's all thanks to my talented mother, for sure!
We decided we didn't want to know the sex of the baby. It was REALLY hard, but so much fun. I would recommend it to everybody. Since my husband is French Canadian, the whole family called the baby "Pierre." Torie, my twin sister, knew the sex because our ultrasound tech wrote it down and mailed it to her. I wanted to make sure that if I had a boy, he wouldn't be wearing a dress home from the hospital. To everyone's suprise, Torie keeps a secret VERY well. Not even one hint came out of her mouth the entire 6+ months she knew and I talk to her nearly every day! We painted the baby's room a beautiful shade of green. Mimi (my mom) made all the gorgeous bedding, gave me my great grandmother's beautiful crystal lamp and set up the beautiful Rabren (my sister's) crib and changing table. Each of my sister's children used them and I can't think of a bigger honor to be able to lay each of my children on them also. It's the most beautiful nursery I have ever seen. A friend of mine said I should enter it into a magazine (which one, I don't know). It's all thanks to my talented mother, for sure! Look at how huge I was... Geez! At 5:30 a.m. on Septemeber 7th, 2008, Marcel and I headed down to the beautiful Presbyterian Hospital to finally get to meet our baby. At an ultrasound the day before, my wonderful doctor, Sarah Yavorski, decided that I needed to have a c-section. "Pierre" was estimated to weigh 10 lbs. 5 oz.
We couldn't take the camera into the operating room, but it was the most wonderful experience I have ever had. She actually weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. So.... it was just ME that was big! Ugh. Words can't describe how happy I was to have a gorgeous, healthy little girl. Her hair was the most amazing color. EVERYONE commented on it. It wasn't red, it wasn't blonde it was GOLD. She was the only baby in the nursery that day that didn't have jaundice, but the nurses told me she wound all the babies up when she came in screaming. That's my girl....
We had decided that if we had a girl, her name would be Finley. Marcel overheard someone talking to their little girl named Finley while we were trying to choose names. He claimes that that was the only name that I didn't turn my nose up at. Hall is her middle name, which is my wonderful grandmother's maiden name. Olivia is her first name, but Torie already used it.
While I was still in the recovery room, Marcel got to bring "Fin" into the waiting room to see my family. My grandmother, dad, mom, brother, sister, brother-in-law (Jon), Tyler, Olivia, Cade and Kristin were all waiting to meet her and find out that she was a GIRL!! Olivia asked Marcel "Do you work in the lunchroom?"
I had to post the below picture. My grandmother called everyone she knew right in front of the sign that reads "Please turn off all cell phones etc.."
Marcel shaved off his goatee so he could snuggle with his new baby. He looks so much younger without it!
We couldn't take the camera into the operating room, but it was the most wonderful experience I have ever had. She actually weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. So.... it was just ME that was big! Ugh. Words can't describe how happy I was to have a gorgeous, healthy little girl. Her hair was the most amazing color. EVERYONE commented on it. It wasn't red, it wasn't blonde it was GOLD. She was the only baby in the nursery that day that didn't have jaundice, but the nurses told me she wound all the babies up when she came in screaming. That's my girl....
We had decided that if we had a girl, her name would be Finley. Marcel overheard someone talking to their little girl named Finley while we were trying to choose names. He claimes that that was the only name that I didn't turn my nose up at. Hall is her middle name, which is my wonderful grandmother's maiden name. Olivia is her first name, but Torie already used it.
While I was still in the recovery room, Marcel got to bring "Fin" into the waiting room to see my family. My grandmother, dad, mom, brother, sister, brother-in-law (Jon), Tyler, Olivia, Cade and Kristin were all waiting to meet her and find out that she was a GIRL!! Olivia asked Marcel "Do you work in the lunchroom?"
I had to post the below picture. My grandmother called everyone she knew right in front of the sign that reads "Please turn off all cell phones etc.."
Marcel shaved off his goatee so he could snuggle with his new baby. He looks so much younger without it!


0 comments:
Post a Comment